A growing number of individuals and families have chosen to financially invest in our cooperative business through ownership. By doing so, you provide a stable future for your natural grocery store and make a difference in our community.
As of March 2012, we are 2093 owners strong and growing!
Why should I become an owner?
Anyone can shop at the Co-op, and it's our owners that are the backbone of our local grocery. We are a community based grocer, and you are why we are here. It is you that can make the difference by investing in the future of your Co-op.
So why become an owner? Well, our Own Up! brochure details the benefits of ownership, but here are a few highlights:
- Bi-weekly owner specials
- Case discounts on items ordered in quantity
- 10% discount on non-sale items of one shopping trip during Owner Appreciation Days (held every other month)
- Voting privileges for all elections and eligibility to run for the Board of Directors (see Your Board of Directors for more information)
- Active ownership of an amazing local grocery store
In addition, as soon as you make your first payment, you receive the full benefits of ownership!
How do I become an owner?
Once you have decided to become an owner, all you need to do is:
- Download, print, fill out and return the Ownership Agreement PDF, or fill out our Online Owner Agreement Form. Note: Please allow 3 days for online ownership agreements to be processed.
- Choose the payment plan that works best for you ($10 a month, $50 a year, or all of the $250 investment at once).
- Make your first payment! As long as you are up-to-date in your payments, you receive all of the benefits of being an owner. You can send a check, stop by the store, or pay online. Note: Online payment is available only for the $50 and $250 payments.
It is important to note that you own your investment – the money you pay into the store is still yours. If you decide you no longer wish to be a Co-op owner, we ask that you send a written request for your money to be returned.
If you are interested in learning more, we would be happy to answer any additional questions you may have - feel free to call or come into the store. You are also welcome to take a look at our owner handbook (including our bylaws).